1. ACCEPTANCE. This sales agreement is an offer to sell to potential customer(s). Buyer refers to the Individual or Company listed as Customer on Quotes and Invoices. All agreements are between West Coast Custom Metal Design, Inc. and Buyer only. It is the responsibility of the Buyer to confirm the Seller has accurate and complete data, dimensions, and specifications for the order. BUYER’S RIGHT TO ACCEPT THIS OFFER IS LIMITED TO BUYER’S ASSENT TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS PRINTED HEREON AND THE ATTACHED OR ACCOMPANYING QUOTE AND INVOICE, AND NO TERMS ADDITIONAL TO OR DIFFERENT FROM THOSE IN THIS OFFER ARE BINDING ON SELLER.
2. LIMITED WARRANTIES. Seller warrants that it can convey good title to the products sold under this contract and that they are free of liens and encumbrances. Seller also warrants that the products sold under this contract are substantially free from defects in material and workmanship for a period of one year after the date of delivery. There are no express or implied warranties with respect to products sold hereunder which are misused, abused or used in conjunction with mechanical equipment improperly designed, used or maintained, or which are used, supplied for use or made available for use in any nuclear application of which Seller has not been notified in writing by Buyer at the time of order for the products sold hereunder. SELLER MAKES NO OTHER WARRANTY WHATSOEVER, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF FITNESS FOR ANY PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED BY SELLER AND EXCLUDED FROM THIS CONTRACT.
3. LIMITATION OF BUYER’S REMEDIES AND SELLER’S LIABILITY. Seller’s liability hereunder shall be limited to the obligation to repair or replace only those products proven to have been defective in material or workmanship at the time of delivery, or allow credit, at its option. Seller does not accept returns of custom products. Seller’s total cumulative liability in any way arising from or pertaining to any product or service sold or required to be sold under this contract shall NOT in any case exceed the purchase price paid by Buyer for such products or services. IN NO EVENT SHALL SELLER HAVE ANY LIABILITY FOR COMMERCIAL LOSS, LOST PROFITS, CLAIMS FOR LABOR, OR CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES OF ANY TYPE, WHETHER BUYER’S CLAIM BE BASED IN CONTRACT, TORT, WARRANTY, STRICT LIABILITY, NEGLIGENCE, OR OTHERWISE. IT IS EXPRESSLY AGREED THAT BUYER¶S REMEDIES EXPRESSED IN THIS PARAGRAPH ARE BUYER’S SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDIES.
4. LIMITATION OF BUYER’S REMEDIES AND SELLER’S LIABILITY FOR FAILURE OR DELAY IN DELIVERY. NO DELIVERY DATES ARE GUARANTEED. BUYER’S SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDIES AND SELLER’S ONLY LIABILITY FOR ANY DELAY IN DELIVERY SHALL BE LIMITED AS SET FORTH IN PARAGRAPH 3 OF THIS CONTRACT.
5. FORCE MAJEURE. In any event and in addition to all other limitations stated herein, Seller shall not be liable for any act, omission, result or consequence, including but not limited to any delay in delivery or performance, which is (i) due to any act of God, the performance of any government order, any order bearing priority rating or order placed under any allocation program (mandatory or voluntary) established pursuant to law, local labor shortage, fire, flood or other casualty, governmental regulation or requirement, shortage or failure or raw material, supply, fuel, power or transportation, breakdown of equipment, or any cause beyond Seller’s reasonable control whether of similar or dissimilar nature to those above enumerated, or (ii) due to any strike, labor dispute, or difference with workers, regardless of whether or not Seller is capable of settling any such labor problem.
6. BUYER’S OBLIGATION TO PASS ON LIMITATION OR WARRANTIES AND REMEDIES. In order to protect Seller against claims by Buyer’s buyer, if Buyer resells any of the products purchased under this agreement, Buyer shall include the language contained in paragraphs 2 and 3 of this agreement, dealing with Seller’s limitations of warranties and remedies, in an enforceable agreement with Buyer’s buyer, or otherwise include language in an enforceable agreement with its buyer that makes Seller’s limitation of warranties and remedies binding on its buyer. Buyer shall also include a provision in its agreement with its buyer applying Washington state law to any claims its buyer might assert against Seller with respect to products manufactured by Seller, and requiring its buyer to bring any such action against Seller in federal district court in Seattle, Washington or local court with jurisdiction. Buyer shall defend, indemnify and hold Seller harmless from any and all claims, causes of action, damages, losses or expenses (including reasonable attorney’s fees) that Seller incurs by reason of Buyer’s failure to comply with this paragraph.
7. CHANGE ORDERS. A written change order will be provided upon Buyer request when changes are requested or approved by the Buyer. Seller retains the right to adjust order timeline and pricing without written change order if Buyer approves or request changes verbally or by informal measures such as text messages. Changes made by customer shall be regarded as the new technical data for the order and supersede all previous specifications and measurements.
8. PAYMENTS AND LATE CHARGES ON PAST DUE ACCOUNTS. Buyer represents that Buyer is solvent and can and will pay for the products sold to Buyer in accordance with the terms hereof. If Buyer shall fail to comply with any provision or to make payments in accordance with the terms of this contract or any other contract between Buyer and Seller, Seller may at its option defer shipments or, without waiving any other rights it may have, terminate this contract. All deliveries shall be subject to the approval of Seller’s Credit Department. Seller reserves the right, before making any delivery, to require payment in cash or security for payment, and if Buyer fails to comply with such requirement, Seller may terminate this contract and retain any down payment or partial payment to cover the costs of materials and labor. A late charge of 1-½% monthly (18% annual rate) or the maximum allowed by state law, if less, will be imposed on all past due accounts, and Buyer is responsible for all costs of collection including without limitation reasonable attorney’s fees and court costs.
9. TRANSPORTATION CHARGES. Delivered prices or prices involving competitive transportation adjustments shall be subject to appropriate adjustment to reflect changes in transportation charges.
10. CLAIMS BY BUYER. Buyer shall thoroughly inspect products sold under this contract immediately upon receipt to verify conformance with the specifications of the contract. Buyer must notify Seller of claims for failure or delay in delivery within 5 days after the scheduled delivery date. Buyer must notify Seller of any claims for nonconforming or defective products within 5 days of delivery/pickup. In addition, Seller must be given an opportunity to investigate the claim before Buyer disposes of the material, or else Buyer’s claim will be barred. Seller shall incur no liability for damage, shortages, or other cause alleged to have occurred or existed at or prior to delivery to the carrier unless the Buyer shall have entered full details thereof on its receipt to the carrier.
11. PERMISSIBLE VARIATIONS. The products sold hereunder shall be subject to Seller’s standard manufacturing variations, tolerances and classifications.
12. TECHNICAL ADVICE. Buyer represents that it has made its own independent determination that the products it is purchasing under this contract meet the design requirements of Buyer’s project and are suitable for Buyer’s intended application. Buyer further represents that it has not relied in any respect on any written or oral statements or advice from Seller, other than the standard product specifications set forth in the most recent addition of Seller’s published product brochures, in making that determination.
13. TAXES. No taxes imposed with respect of the sale of the products or services sold hereunder are included in any quotation by Seller. All applicable taxes shall be added and paid by Buyer in addition to the purchase price.
14. BUYER’S RIGHT OF TERMINATION. Buyer may terminate this contract in whole or in part upon notice in writing to Seller. Seller shall thereupon cease work and Buyer shall pay Seller the sum of the following: (1) the contract price for all products which have been completed prior to termination; (2) the cost to Seller of the material or work in process as shown on the books of Seller in accordance with the accounting practice consistently maintained by Seller plus a reasonable profit thereon, but in no event more than the contract price; (3) the cost f.o.b. Seller’s plant of materials and supplies acquired especially for the purpose of performing this contract; and (4) reasonable cancellation charges, if any, paid by Seller on account of any commitment(s) made hereunder. Any down payment or progress payment will be applied to the above items and is non-refundable.
15. SELLER’S RIGHT OF TERMINATION. In addition to the other rights of termination provided for in this contract, and if this contract is made pursuant to any governmental rule or regulation, plan, order or other directive, upon the directive, effected or impaired.termination thereof, Seller shall have the option of canceling this contract in whole or in part.
16. WAIVER. Failure or inability of either party to enforce any right hereunder shall not waive any right in respect to any other or future rights or occurrences.
17. DELIVERY. Delivery terms will be stated on the quote. Unless otherwise agreed to in writing by the Seller, the Buyer hereby agrees to take delivery of the materials on this order within the later of thirty (30) days after the wanted date shown on the face of the order or within thirty (30) days after notification, oral or written, that the materials are ready for shipment. In the event that the Buyer does not arrange to take delivery of the materials in accordance with this Contract, Seller, at Seller’s option, may: (a) invoice the Buyer for the materials less freight if applicable; store the material in Seller’s yard for a period not to exceed sixty (60) days from the date of invoice; charge a storage fee not to exceed 5% per month or fraction thereof of the selling price of the stored materials; add any applicable price increases listed on the face of the order; charge for any repair work to protective coatings harmed by weathering while such material is being stored; and charge applicable freight when shipment to the Buyer is made. Materials remaining in storage after sixty (60) days from the invoice date shall become the property of the Seller for disposition at the Seller’s discretion. In that event, Buyer shall not be liable for the invoice price of the materials, but shall be liable for the storage fee and any repair work to protective coatings; or (b) cancel the order and invoice the Buyer for cancellation charges, which shall be 25% of the selling price of the materials if the materials are standard, in-stock material, or the full selling price if the materials are special or nonstandard in nature and were especially fabricated for the Buyer.
18. PERIOD OF LIMITATIONS. Buyer and Seller agree that any action by Buyer against Seller relating to this contract or the products sold hereunder, including, without limitation, any action for breach of contract or warranty, or otherwise in connection with the products sold under this contract, must be commenced by Buyer against Seller within one year after the cause of action therefore accrues or one year of delivery of the products sold hereunder, if less.
19. CONFLICTING PROVISIONS OFFERED BY BUYER. Any terms and conditions of any purchase order or other instrument issued by the Buyer, in connection with the subject matter of this document, which are in addition to or inconsistent with the terms and conditions expressed herein, will not be binding on Seller in any matter whatsoever unless accepted by Seller in writing.
20. SEVERABILITY. In case any provision of this contract shall be declared invalid, illegal or unenforceable, the validity, legality and enforceability of the remaining provisions shall not in any way be affected or impaired.
21. APPLICABLE LAW. This contract shall be governed by, and construed and enforced in accordance with, the laws of Washington State. Buyer and Seller specifically agree that any legal action brought relating to this contract shall be brought and tried exclusively in the federal district court in Seattle, Washington, or, in the absence of jurisdiction, the Whatcom County Court and that the Buyer will be liable for all damages, losses, or expenses (including reasonable attorney’s fees) that the Seller incurs.